2015年7月12日星期日

The Phantom of Opera----a love seemingly ruinous but truly heartfelt

   The Phantom of Opera

   ---a love seemingly ruinous but truly heartfelt


    Yesterday, right in America, I was so lucky to get the chance to go to New York to see the live stage opera show, the Phantom of Opera.I am so deeply impressed and touched by it that I couldn't even get myself out of the story till now.

     I have watched the film of this story on line at home. I remember that I have been moved to tears and deeply immersed in it, though I forget all the details of the story except the love for the heroine from the phantom. Though, the story was once more presented before me on the stage yesterday, I was still ignorant of the accurate details and background of the story for the obscurity of the dialogues. However,I haven't consulted anything about the story so far, and I just want to take a record of the direct feelings the stage opera has brought me with the language incompletely being understood.

     People all thought the phantom was a ghost, who was malicious and evil. But in my understanding, the phantom was a man who was persecuted and biased by people. He was ugly and sinister, but so talented a genius in music. He fell in love with the heroine, possessive and dangerous, but strongly and devotedly! He was a real man who had never been cared and loved, but so thirsty for it! Does a man like him, living in the dark without any advantages as a social being, have no right to love or to be loved? Finally, he won a kiss from the heroine, which was such a great console to his soul that he let her and her lover go .
   
     Could you say his love is humble and selfish and meaningless? Could you say he has no right and need to be cared? Of course not! I am so touched by his words: " I love you... I love you..." which is echoing in the theater, bringing me to tears.

 

4 条评论:

  1. This is such a sweet reaction...I am SO VERY GLAD you were able to attend!

    回复删除
  2. great background and pictures!

    回复删除
  3. great background and pictures!

    回复删除
    回复
    1. Thanks for your attention! How is everything? Hope you have a fine trip!

      删除