2015年7月7日星期二

Moving to get enlarged

青海湖
Qinghai Lake
    In 1997, I got a chance to teach Chinese in Park University (I hope I am right for many years have gone!), and meanwhile, fortunately, I was admitted to studying Public Relation there with much scholarship. What an amazing opportunity it was for me to know the world and get enlarged. But life is just like a box of chocolate and you'll never know what is the next! I was denied the visa and I gave up finally.
    That year I was still young and had no much idea of what it really meant for a person to go outside and have a look and have a new perspective to look at the world.
    In my 40's, finally I could go here and there at home or abroad. In China, I have been to Qinghai Lake in Qinghai, Jiuzhaigou in Sichuan, Lijian and Shangri-la in Yunnnan, the grassland in Mongolia and so on. Traveling on these lands in China, I have become more in love with this nation which boats of  so much splendid and magnificent natural scenery of rivers, mountains, grasslands and highlands,etc. Often walking or standing in the nature, I could feel its largeness and vastness but how tiny a being the personal life is! Besides, these years I have been to India and some European countries, which, on the other hand, makes this world smaller to me.
    Right now, here I am in this small but cozy room located in Yale University in USA, the other side of China. On this land, I see people of different colors, appearances and languages, amazingly, all are amiable, friendly and gentle with smile on face, and what is more, all people here,including us, could make smooth communication and understand each other quite well in spite of the language barrier. All because, I think, we are brothers and sisters on this planet, though of different races.
Grassland of Mongolia
 

1 条评论:

  1. I love your idea that the world can be small and cozy...you are clearly a seasoned traveller at peace with the places you find.

    回复删除