2015年6月30日星期二

My First Impression of Yale

My First Impression of Yale


    After 12-hour flight from Beijing, the capital of China, on the afternoon of 26th, my colleagues and I finally arrived at the Campus of Yale University. 

    The time I got off the school shuttle bus, a huge patch of green land were in views, and right facing it was a building complex with an arch of Gothic style which was so eye-catching. Before I put my steps the first time on this wonderland, I had preconceived many pictures of what it would be like, and now I see it is! It is a wonder land!

    Since my childhood, I have heard a lot about Yale University. As a university, it boasts of its long history and world-wide fame for the leading position in many fields and the contribution to the development of the world in science and humanity. Today, after four days of staying, I have seen, experienced and sensed something new and true here.

    All of the architectures on the campus are of similar styles, Gothic, archaic and simple, but, meanwhile, of distinctive features. I try to stroll on all the avenues and streets to see, smell and feel what it once was and what it is now.

    The people passing by in the street are all wearing so amiable smiles on their faces, Black or White, and often they greet you, a stranger, with “Hello” , which bring you warmth and ease.

    Both the teachers, Marrie and Siggy, who give us instructions of English teaching, are demonstrating us the approaches of language teaching could be so creative and innovative, and especially, how helpful the spirit of devotion would be for you to achieve your target. 

    Yes, four days is too short for me to know exactly what Yale is, but it is enough for me to have a first impression of what it is like and truly record it. And very likely it will be lasting.



2 条评论:

  1. YAYYYYYYY! I can finally open your blog! Thank you for sending that message with the address because I COULD NOT GET IN until now. I sent you an email yesterday telling you; I hope you received it.
    I am very pleased that your first impression is so strong and positive and I am especially glad that you strive to walk all the avenues and smell all the scents...that is a perfect travel plan. Welcome and may you have a beautiful stay here.

    回复删除
  2. Carrie, I appreciate your comments so much! And I am sorry to say that I missed that email and finally read it just a minute ago. Thanks again! :)

    回复删除